|Chris Moyer speaking|
- Biodegradable Products Institute (Steve Mojo) – Developing labeling guidelines for compostable foodservice packaging
- Earth 911 (Sandra Keil, Vice President, Government Relations and Industry Affairs) – Building a nation-wide recycling database for foodservice packaging
- Coalition for Resource Recovery (Annie White) – Driving foodservice packaging recycling in New York City
- Elemental Impact (Holly Elmore) - Sustainable Food Court Initiative: leading foodservice packaging composting and recycling pilots in Atlanta and beyond
- National Restaurant Association’s ConServe (Chris Moyer) - Educating and engaging foodservice operators on their environmental initiatives
The session ended with a lively Q&A lead by Lynn Dyer, FPI President.
It is important for the elder of foodservice packaging trade associations to educate their members on sustainable trends, soon to be required standards for venue and other contracts. At this juncture, those embracing sustainable packaging are pioneers and leaders yet the tables are ready to turn from leadership to requirement.
|Sandra Keil enjoying dinner|
with new friends
The day ended with a fantastic reception and dinner at the Brown Palace Club. Invigorating conversations flowed about product development opportunities.
As an active Sustainable Food Court Initiative Team Member and Ei Advisory Council Member, Lynn is an industry leader educating herself and FPI members on the evolving packaging landscape. It is an honor to work with Lynn on the SFCI projects and include her valuable insights as the pilots launch.
For pictures of the meeting as well as scenic downtown Denver, visit the Ei FB album, 09-21-11 FPI Mtg in Denver.
Kudos to Lynn and her FPI staff for hosting an excellent meeting!